BAKING FOR THE ALLERGIC,
SWEET- COMPROMISED GOURMET
COOKING HOLISTIC HEALTH FOOD Treats for the family is time consuming! You can't just use a BETTY CROCKER mix you found half priced in some 'bent can bin' and throw some great cupcakes together cuz you'll poison your dear ones! FLOUR AGES and gets toxic when it does. However, take heart! There is great joy in making FLOUR FREE, GLUTEN FREE baked treats while listening to NPR or FM radio talk shows. That's my trick for the 'chore' of baking sweets for the family. OR COOKING anything time consuming, really. FM RADIO!
Gluten free sweets will protect your family from MUCUS which lays the SETTING for all disease. Bacteria does NOT get started in a non-toxic respiratory tract. Below you'll find recipes I saw on TV COOKING shows when they had those bakers from posh NYC bakeries who use blanched almond flour instead of wheat flour. Blanching your own almonds is a no brainer. I get nuts for $2.99 a pound, occasional sales at the Arab Market.Soak overnight, watch tv while I POP them out of their astringent skins. Dry them a few days in fridge, TOAST before using.
Save this file to cache and memorize names of those NON GLUTEN types of flour and all our baking secrets. For instance, SECRET #1 in making yeasted doughs, only use the foamy frizz that appears after 5 min yeast soak. Gray water is bitter. It'll keep making foam, scoop that off.
HARD CORE VEGANS like Manhattan bakery "BABYCAKES" will substitute a variety of OTHER things for FLOUR, sugar and eggs, believing that these products are frequent allergens or simply are not good for one. Owner, Erin McKenna, was on Martha Stewart recently and hearing promises of cakes, cookies and pies actually GOOD for the HEALTHY SWEET TOOTH, I was intrigued! The BABYCAKES website advertises: 'gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, casein free, vegan ( no eggs, dairy) and she can even make soy free and nut free recipes for people with those allergies. Casein is the mucus-producing part of the milk and that is why it is objectionable to folks who get asthmatic, mucusy or allergic easily. If you have a lot of stored mucus in the body, you have a huge allergic response to environmental aggravants. Go mucus free, then asthma, cats, allergies, dust and pollen no longer bother you.
As I examined Erin's recipes, I saw the tricks, gluten-free flour amped up with fava bean flour, spelt flour, garbanzo flour, flax seed meal and coconut flour. As fats, coconut oil rather than butter. I myself would use blanched almonds ground up as part or all of the flour.
Erin says that her chef's Secret: Baking Substitutes are: Cow's milk can be substituted part-for-part by almond, rice or soy milk - Instead of eggs, you can use 3 tablespoons of applesauce for each egg. Or ground up, soaked flax seed as it turns to glop that binds. (Another secret substitution for JELL-WELL is grated apples with their skins in jam making)
Since reading Erin's site, I saw a TV VEGAN cooking host use freshly ground flax seed, swished with apple juice. It becomes egglike in a minute. AS for SUGAR, you can substitute with agave nectar, which comes from a cactus and can be found in your organic supermarket - Use 2/3 cup agave nectar per 1 cup of sugar. She also uses cane juice. There are all kinds of sugars made naturally with the minerals left in it. Then, there' s honey and maple, this latter very costly but each with its unique flavor. In 2011, I find BULGARIAN HONEY on sale, 5 lb jar at $9.99 or 2bucks an lb. Very affordable. Same small chain market that sells it in L.A> also has 34 oz imported cold pressed olive oil $3.99 on sale. So big supermarkets that offer LOSS LEADERS on chicken at 88c lb aren't always good for other items.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes 24 cookies.
* 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
* 6 tablespoons prepared unsweetened applesauce
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups evaporated cane juice
* 2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
* 1/4 cup flax meal (More info on using here)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
* 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven with a rack set in the center to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, applesauce, salt, vanilla, and evaporated cane juice. In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, dry flax meal, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Using a rubber spatula, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until a grainy dough is formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. (Note, I would mix flax seed meal with a small amt of liquid (the cane juice would be fine,) to create an egglike slush, andi n that case, you'd add it to wet, not add to dry ingredients!)
3. Use a 2-inch ice cream scoop to make evenly sized dough pieces and place onto prepared baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Gently press down on each cookie with the heel of your hand. Transfer cookies to oven and bake until edges are crisp but cookie is still soft in the center, about 15 minutes, rotating baking sheets after 9 minutes.
4. Let cookies stand on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cooled cookies may be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes about 5 dozen mini brownies.
* 1/2 cup veg oil, plus more for pans (canola not so healthful coconut oil is good but high in chol! worse than lard.
* 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons garbanzo and fava bean flour
* 1/4 cup potato starch
* 2 tablespoons arrowroot
* 1 cup unrefined sugar or 10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons agave nectar
* 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup store-bought unsweetened applesauce
* 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup brewed coffee or hot water
* 2 cups vegan gluten-free chocolate chips, such as Tropical Source
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brush 3 dozen mini-muffin pans with oil; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, arrowroot, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, 1/2 cup canola oil, and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in coffee until it forms a batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Place 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup. Transfer muffin pans to oven, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before unmolding.
* 1/2 cup veg oil, plus more for pan coconut oil is good but high in chol!
* 1 cup garbanzo and fava bean flour
* 1/2 cup potato starch
* 1/4 cup arrowroot
* 1 1/4 cups unrefined sugar
* 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup store-bought unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brush a 6 3/4-by-4 1/4-by-2 3/4-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, arrowroot, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together oil, applesauce, and 1 cup hot water. Add oil mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. Measure out 1/3 cup of batter and place in a small bowl. Pour remaining batter into prepared loaf pan. Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon into reserved batter. Add to loaf pan, swirling to combine.
4. Transfer to oven and bake about 20 minutes. Brush top of loaf with oil and continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before unmolding.
CUPCAKES using coconut flour and ground blanched almonds as flour.
NOTE: Coconut flour can be easily made at home in a two step method using coconut flakes. Below are the steps given to make coconut flour: • You can soak the one cup of unsweetened coconut flakes in four cups of water for a long time. • Put the coconut and water mixture into the food processor and process them until they become smooth.• Strain the mixture using the cheesecloth. You can use the liquid as a coconut milk.
• Spread the pulp on the baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees until the pulp gets dry.
• Grind the dried pulp to get a fine powder texture.
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum free banking powder
* 2 1/4 cups mix of coconut flour, spelt, no soy flour it doesn't work. Blanched almonds ground into flour
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup clover honey
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 (4-ounce) jar pumpkins with pears baby food (recommended: Nature's Goodness brand)
* 2 (4-ounce) jars applesauce and apricots baby food (recommended: Earth's Best brand) or
make your own pureed fruit in large amts, freeze, store as cubes in baggies.
* 1/2 cup ground pecans
* 3/4 cups rice milk or unsweetened soy milk
* 3/4 cup dry rice milk powder or dry soy milk powder
* 1 tablespoon coconut flour (make your own)
* 1/4 cup agave nectar
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups coconut oil, melted and cooled or ghee
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. In the jar of a blender or bowl of a food processor, combine soy milk, soy powder, coconut flour, agave nectar, and vanilla. Blend ingredients for 2 minutes.
2. With machine running, slowly add oil and lemon juice, alternating between the two until both are fully incorporated.
3. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before using, and up to 1 month.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small mixing bowl add the baking soda, salt, baking powder and flour. Mix thoroughly with a fork and set aside. In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, honey, both sugars and butter. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer. Add the cinnamon and baby food. Mix until smooth. Using a rubber spatula fold in the pecans. Slowly add the flour mixture using a sifter and fold in until ingredients are evenly mixed.
Place 24 mini baking cups (2-inch, nonfoil) into each hole of the mini muffin pan. Place a 1-gallon resealable freezer bag into a bowl (for support) and pour the cupcake batter into the bag. Seal the bag and cut the tip off 1 of the bottom corners of the bag. Squeeze the batter into each baking cup, filling them only 3/4 of the way full. Place the mini muffin pan in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 12 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl add the extracts, milk, cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy using a hand mixer. When the cupcakes are done baking remove each cupcake from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Place the cooling rack in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 minutes.
Once the cupcakes are cooled remove them from the refrigerator. Frost each cupcake by putting a generous dollop of frosting on the top with a spoon. Garnish top with ground pecans and they are ready to serve.
NOTE: Almonds on sale in 2011 are $2.99 an lb, at Valley Produce Market, a two market chain in L.A. calif. and $3.99 an lb at Ralphs a Kroger's chain. Take your nuts out of fridge, never store in kitchen.. pour almost boiling water over them in a bowl and in a few minutes you can slip off (and toss) the skins. They are astringent, suitable for compost pile. Yogi Bhajan told us to eat almonds instead of steak but not the skins.. Dry the blanched nuts (I'd dry them for two days.) Then toast lightly in oven til they start to get color no more than that. Still white. cool and food process to coarse flour consistency. Ready for baking. You avoid paying 7$ an lb for finished flour.
WEBPAGE that teaches your to blanch almonds, turn into flour for baking, candies, even vegie burgers.
DAIRY FROSTING WITH SUGAR
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
* 1/4 cup ground pecans
CARROT CAKE- I found a good CARROT CAKE recipe in the newspaper that I adapted for this mode of baking. Get your pans greased, floured and heat oven to 350 degrees first.
FAT/SUGAR MIX: Cream 1 1/2 cups of fats, butter, coconut oil. Add 2 1/4 cups of sweets like honey, cane sugar, agave sugar, mashed dates that have been pre-softened or soaked in brandy. When that's creamy, Beat in 4 egg yolks, l tsp of grated citrus rind, lemon/orange. If you wish no eggs, do finely ground flax seed meal with juice, stir into slush.
NON-FLOURS- Combine your dry ingredients: 2 1/4 cups of mixed flours, almond, coconut flour, garbanzo, fava bean, whole wheat flour, sifted, gluten-free wheat or SPELT flour, with 2 tsp alum free baking powder, 2 tsp baking soda. 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Ground blanched almonds. (Blanch by throwing boiling water over them, let sit one minute, peel.) Dry and toast. You can keep the dried almonds in baggies in fridge to use as needed.Whiz up in blender.
Drop or sift flour in a cup at a time, stir, add a tbspon or two of buttermilk after you add a cup of flour. Then another cup dry ingred, then another tbspn of buttermilk. When all flour is in, add carrots, walnuts, pineapple.
(3 1/4 cups finely chopped raw carrots, put thru food processor. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, l cup crushed pineapple, well-drained.)
WITH SCRUPULOUSLY CLEAN WHISK beat the four egg whites into stiff peaks, FOLD the batter into the cake batter gently.
Turn into pan or pans, bake 60 minutes.
Cool. Frost with BABYCAKES FROSTING (ABOVE.)
OR make this one
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, room temp, 2 cups unsalted butter, 2 tsps grated lemon rind. juice of one lemon, strained for seeds. Beat together. Frost cake. Take a cup of chopped walnuts and put on outside of cake.
Our POSTER is ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ, Los Angeles Writer, Researcher, mother of 4 and career Astrologer. Yogi Bhajan used her for 35 years, said she was the best. Catch up with her websites TRUTHS GOV WILL HIDE & NEVER TELL YOU, also The FUTURE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA! & HOW TO SURVIVE the COMING GREAT DEPRESSION, and Secrets of Nature, HOLISTIC, AFFORDABLE HEALING. Also HOW TO LIVE on A NICKLE, The FRUGAL PAGE.* Anita is at firstname.lastname@example.org ). Get a 35$ natal horoscope "my money/future life" reading now + copy horoscope as a Gif file graphic!
<== BACK TO WELFARE COOKERY, CALIFORNIA FOOD INDEX, WHOLISTIC, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<=== BACK TO REAL CAUSES OF THE MELTDOWN -- a WEBPAGE
<------BACK TO THE VULTURE SANDWICH, WORLD STARVATION INDEX PAGE
<------ BACK TO HOW TO STEAL A CORPORATION FROM THE STOCKHOLDERS, THE ENRON MODEL ALL CEO'S DO TODAY
<=== GUERILLA CAPITALISM FOR YOU AND ME!
<----- BACK TO THE IMPORT EXPORT TRAINING SEMINAR
<----- BACK TO THE LEGACY TRADE SEMINAR
<===BACK TO THE ACTIVIST'S EASY BREEZY METHOD FOR EVOLUTION
<=== BACK TO THE EASY, BREEZY, NO WORK AT ALL GARDEN ARCHIVE for Suburban or Urban 'farmers'
<==== BACK TO SUCCESSFUL CASH CROP FILE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL ARTISAN IMPORT/ EXPORT TYCOON AND HIS BEST SELLING "STUFF"
<=== BACK TO THE GLEANERS PAGE
<=== HOW EVEN A POOR PERSON CAN BUY REAL ESTATE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA!
<=== BACK TO THE CITY FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES in DROUGHT STATES as YOUR ENTREPRENEURIAL BIZ. MAKE HUGE $, TAKES 1 HR TO LEARN. at HOME DEPOT.
A TEEN CAN DO
<=== BACK TO "DONE WELL, ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT and IT CREATES CAREERS for YOU as well as PLANETARY EVOLUTION"
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<====BACK TO THE FREE MONEY WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES WEBSITE
<===== BACK TO THE POVERTY INDEX PAGE
<==== BACK TO THE "TIPS to SURVIVE THE FUTURE" INDEX PAGE
BACK TO THE "FIX YOUR FLAGGING AMBITION" SEMINAR
<== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE REALITY 101 SEMINAR FOR TEENS
<==== BACK TO THE BREAK INTO SHOW BUSINESS ARCHIVE for writers, producers, video documentarians
<====HOW TO TINKER WITH OTHER PEOPLE's BRAINS for 100$ the HR but call it TANTRUM YOGA
<====BACK TO THE NEW AGE EMPOWERING INDEX
<===BACK TO "HOW TO MERCHANDISE YOURSELF" INDEX
<===BACK TO THE ALL ABOUT TAXES INDEX PAGE<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL TIPS and CHEAPO LIFESTYLE WEBPAGE
<=== MEET ANITA --Mother of FOUR WHO WRITES ALL THESE ARTICLES
<=== TAKE ME TO THE HOLISTIC PET, HOW NEVER TO NEED a VET
<===== TAKE ME TO THE SALMONELLA TIMES, HOW TO SAVE THE CHICKEN
<=== BACK TO THE TRUTHS ABOUT DENTISTRY THAT WILL SAVE YOU 100 THOUSAND!
<=== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED WEBPAGE, HOAXES WE HAVE ALL KNOWN UP TO AND INCLUDING BABY STEALING by CPS and GOV and COURT
<===BACK TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WEB STUFF (for newbies)
<===BEAUTIES, HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE AND SAVE THE WORLD with HIS MONEY.
<=== BACK TO HOW THE POOR MAN CAN BUY REAL ESTATE SEMINAR
<====BESIDES PRO BONO LAWYERS we NEED WELFARE WARRIORS!
<=== PORTAL TO ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ 7,000 ARTICLE "REALITY 101" SEMINARS ; REPUBLISH ANY OR ALL FREE; ATTRACT AD REVENUE
<=====BACK TO WEB SECRETS FOR NEWBIE BLOGGERS<======== BACK TO GUERILLA CAPITALISM 101 "Get rich before they even know you're in business."
<======== BACK TO THE ACTIVIST'S INDEX (How Couch Potatoes Can Save the world )
<======== BACK TO MERCHANDISING YOURSELF ON LINE<==== BACK TO THE HOW TO DO WEBSITES
<=== BACK TO HOW NOT TO GET SNOOKERED, A WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE WEB TECH INDEX PAGE including SIMPLE ORGANIC WEBSITE TECH
<==== ON TO THE NET ACTIVISTS' HOW to MAKE A DIFFERENCE with a 4$ WEBPAGE<======BACK TO A WEB SITE OF YOUR OWN, EASY PEASY WAY
<====== BACK TO CONSPIRACY THEORIES I HAVE KNOWN
<======BACK TO GUERILLA CAPITALISM
<====== BACK TO HOW TO MERCHANDISE MYSELF ONLINE
ALL OF THESE ARE COMMON CAUSE, REPUBLISH AS YOU WILL, EDIT, TAKE MY NAME OFF THEM, REWRITE, take credit, WHATEVER. AD REVENUES are ALL YOURS!