Over 70 Uses for Vinegar - Health, Cleaning & More - If you see those two quart or gallon vinegar bottles on sale buy one, it lasts for l00 yrs and is useful in that it replaces 70 products (below) that cost a great deal more per oz! Start Using Vinegar for BEAUTY, HAIR & BATH 1. In your bath water. Add ½ cup of vinegar or so to warm bath water when bathing and get double benefits : softer skin and a cleaner bathtub with less work! 2. Hair Conditioner. Vinegar makes a simple, inexpensive conditioner for your hair and helps remove the sticky stuff shampoo can leave behind. About a tablespoon in a few cups of water will do it. 3. Dandruff Treatment Simply pour a few Tablespoons of vinegar on your hair and massage into your scalp. Wait a few minutes, then rinse and wash hair like normal. Try this for a few days until you see results. 4. Weight Loss. Vinegar naturally helps to remove fat from the body - Apple cider vinegar is especially good for this. Drink some in a glass of water a few times a day, and add a little lemon or honey for a nicer flavor. This will also help reduce your appetite. 5. Cracked, dry skin. Smooth a little vinegar on dried skin to help it heal.
6. Clean dentures Soak dentures overnight in Heinz White Vinegar, then
brush away tartar with a toothbrush.
7. Facial Spritzer mix 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water into a
spray bottle. Refreshing!
8. Hair Cleanser - Take 1 cup of vinegar and warm water into a large glass
and use to rinse your hair after you shampoo. Vinegar adds highlights to brunette hair, restores the acid mantel,
and removes soap film and sebum oil.
9. Longer lasting pantyhose -Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the rinse
water when washing and your pantyhose will last longer!
10. Toenail Fungus Treatment (Submitted by Donna) Another use for
vinegar.......Soak your feet in a strong solution of vinegar and water
at least daily to get rid of toenail fungus.
Using Vinegar for CLEANING
1. Cleans Glass. Mixed with water or simply sprayed full-strength on
glass and mirrors, vinegar does a great job quickly and easily. Simply
wipe windows dry with crumpled-up newspapers and watch your windows
2. Clean your car. Use it full-strength to polish car chrome with a
cloth and see it shine! Use it on your cars windshield and windows, too.
3. Cleans drinking glasses. Soak cloudy drinking glasses in warmed white
vinegar for a few hours to remove the film, simply wipe clean, rinse,
4. Clean your washing machine. Periodically run a gallon of distilled
vinegar through your washing machine to clean it thoroughly, get rid of
soap scum, and clear out the hoses. Run the machine through the warm
water wash cycle empty and then add the vinegar during the rinse cycle.
5. Furniture Polish. Make your own furniture polish with one part
vinegar and three parts lemon oil or olive oil.
6. Remove price tags or stickers Paint them with several coats of
vinegar and let it soak in. Depending what you are removing them off of
is whether they'll slide off easily or require a little heavier rubbing.
7. Clean your IRON -Put vinegar in the water holder and let it steam
itself clean. Remember to flush it with water when you are done.
8. Clean paintbrushes -Simmer paintbrushes in pure vinegar, then wash in
hot soapy water.
9. Wash walls. Wipe down your walls with a vinegar-water mixture and it
will help absorb odors and clean the surfaces.
10. Remove spots from glass.Use a vinegar-soaked cloth to remove spots
from any glassware or crystal.
11. Unclog drains Pour boiling white vinegar down clogged drains to
remove the clog!
12. Clean jars. Remove odors and stains from jars by cleaning them out
13. Clean an old lunchbox. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it
sit in the lunchbox over night.
14. Clean and deodorize a garbage disposal Make vinegar ice cubes and
feed them down the disposal. After grinding, run cold water through
15. Teapot cleaning Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot.
Wipe away the grime.
16. Dishwasher cleaning Run a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle
once a month to reduce soap build up on the inner mechanisms and on
17. Microwaves Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water
in the microwave. Will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.
18. Remove smoke smells from clothing Add a cup of vinegar to a bath tub
of hot water. Hang clothes above the steam.
19. Clean eyeglasses Wipe each lens with a drop of vinegar.
20. Remove stains from furniture and upholstery Remove stubborn stains
from furniture upholstery and clothes. Apply Heinz White Vinegar
directly to the stain, then wash as directed by the manufacturer's
21. Natural air deodorizer Heinz Vinegar is a natural air freshener when
sprayed in a room.
22. Remove rust Soak the rusted tool, bolt, or spigot in undiluted Heinz
White Vinegar overnight.
23. Toilet bowl Pour in one cup of Heinz White Vinegar, let it stand for
five minutes, and flush.
24. Remove detergent from clothes in final rinse, Brighten fabrics Add a
1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
25. Natural cleaning wipes A cloth soaked with vinegar for sanitizing
kitchen counters, stove, and bathroom surfaces. This is just as
effective as the anti-bacterial products and does not promote resistant
strains like the commercial products can, this is also a cheaper and
greener way to protect your loved ones.
26. Remove lint from laundry Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
27. Remove grease from suede Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently
brush over grease spot.
28. Remove perspiration stains from clothing Apply one part vinegar to
four parts water, then rinse.
29. Clean coffee or tea stains from china A mixture of salt and vinegar
will clean coffee and tea stains from chinaware.
30. Clean coffeepots and coffee makers Vinegar can help to dissolve
mineral deposits that collect in automatic drip coffee makers. Fill the
reservoir with vinegar and run it through a brewing cycle. Rinse
thoroughly with water when the cycle is finished.
31. Fabric Softener Replacement (Submitted by Cathrine) I use vinegar in
place of fabric softener in my laundry. I use the same amount as fabric
softener plus twice the amount of water (so 2 parts water, 1 part
vinegar) and put it in my fabric softener dispenser. Clothes come out
soft and scent free. It also helps reduce static (I still have some but
not enough for me to go buy fabric softener!).
32. General Household Cleaner (Submitted by Cathrine) I also keep some
vinegar diluted in a spray bottle. I use this for wiping down counter
tops (at night only so smell goes away) and cleaning up carpet stains in
combo with Oxygen Cleaner (generic OxyClean).
33. Removes smoke stains from walls (Submitted by Kathy) To remove
nicotine from walls before painting, always use vinegar in hot water.
Will remove stains and the nicotine will not bleed through the paint. It
is especially good in bathrooms, where there is a lot of steam from
showers. Be very careful to use rubber gloves because the nicotine will
absorb into the skin and you will get the same effect as smoking.
Using Vinegar for FOOD & COOKING
1. Cheese Storage Cheese will last longer if you store it in a
2. Whiter Cauliflower Add a teaspoon or so of white vinegar to your
cooking water while cooking cauliflower - it will retain a whiter color.
3. Ketchup Only have a little ketchup left in the bottle? Add a bit of
vinegar and give it a good shake and you'll have a bit more!
4. Boiling Eggs Add a bit of white vinegar to the water you're boiling
your eggs in, and the shells won't crack.
5. Cooking Cabbage Add a bit of vinegar to the water you're cooking your
cabbage in to remove that stinky cabbage smell.
6. Fluffier Meringues Add 1 teaspoon vinegar for every three egg whites
and you'll have fluffier meringues.
7. Tenderize Meat Soak in vinegar over night.
8. Unsticky Rice To cook rice without sticking add a teaspoon full of
vinegar in it.
9. Remove onion odors from skin Eliminate onion odor by rubbing vinegar
on your fingers before and after slicing.
10. Disinfect/clean cutting boards Clean and disinfect wood cutting
boards by wiping with full strength
11. Make buttermilk Make buttermilk. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a
cup of milk and let it stand 5 minutes to thicken.
12. Potato Cooking Water (Submitted by Mary) Add 1 teaspoon to the water
when you are boiling potatoes to avoid them going black. Note this does
not apply to potatoes that are freshly dug or new. This works on
potatoes that have been in storage over the winter.
Using Vinegar for GARDENING & YARD
1. Clay Pot Cleaning Remove white salt buildup on old clay pots by
soaking them in full strength vinegar.
2. Kills grass. Undiluted vinegar will kill grass between bricks and
3. Kills weeds. Spray full strength on weeds - be careful not to spray it
on the surrounding grass as it will kill that too.
4. Deter Ants Spray vinegar around doors, appliances, and along other
areas where ants are known to gather.
5. Keep Cats Away Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on areas you don't
want the cat walking, sleeping, or scratching on.
6. Freshen Cut Flowers Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar
for each quart of water.
Using Vinegar for HEALTH
1. Suffering from a sore throat? Mix a teaspoon vinegar with a glass of
water. Gargle with the mixture and then swallow.
2. Remove calluses Try soaking your feet in a combination of white
vinegar and warm water nightly and watch your feet soften noticeably.
3. Soak a washcloth in vinegar and gently apply it to sunburned skin for
cool relief. Reapply as needed as it evaporates. Besides sunburn,
vinegar also soothes the itch and irritation of bee stings!
4. Arthritis Tonic. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of
water, several times a day.
5. Jellyfish Stings Dot the irritation with vinegar and relieve itching.
6. Sinus Infections and Head Colds Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to the
7. Wart Removal Mix one part Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar to one part
glycerin into a lotion and apply daily to warts until they dissolve.
8. Soothe an upset stomach Drink two teaspoons Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar
in one cup water to soothe an upset stomach.
9. Mosquito bites Use a cotton ball to dab mosquito and other bug bites
with Heinz Vinegar straight from the bottle.
10. Thousands of years ago, vinegar soaked sponge used for contraception
Using Vinegar for PETS & ANIMALS
1. Pet's drinking water. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to your pet's
drinking water to encourage a shinier coat, and reduce odor.
2. Remove skunk odor Use vinegar straight to remove skunk odor from your
3. Stop your cat's scratching furniture Sprinkle or spray vinegar on
areas you don't want the cat scratching on.
4. Fish bowl cleaner Eliminate that ugly deposit in the gold fish tank by
rubbing it with a cloth dipped in vinegar and rinsing well.
5. Remove pet stains from carpets Blot up urine with a soft cloth, flush
several times with lukewarm water, then apply a mixture of equal parts vinegar
and cool water. Blot up, rinse, and let dry.
6. Clean pets cages using a mixture of 50% White Vinegar and 50% Water
in a spray bottle . It disinfects and deodorizes it
and is much cheaper than the commercial products. Author of this piece got this
tip from the owner of a pet store.
7. Stops dogs scratching Read the cat scratch tip; it works for dogs as well.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL TIPS and CHEAPO LIFESTYLE WEBPAGE
Our POSTER is ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ, Los Angeles Writer, Futurist, rsearcher, mother of 4 and career Astrologer . Catch up with her websites TRUTHS GOV WILL HIDE & NEVER TELL YOU, also The FUTURE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA! FRUGAL LIFE STYLE TIPS, HOW TO SURVIVE the COMING GREAT DEPRESSION, and Secrets of Nature, HOLISTIC, AFFORDABLE HEALING. Also ARTISANRY FOR EXPORT, EARN EUROS...Anita is at firstname.lastname@example.org ). Get a 15$ natal horoscope "my money/future life" reading now + copy horoscope as a Gif file graphic! No smarter, more accurate career reading out there!
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<===BACK TO THE SECRETS OF THE OLIGARCHS, THE EMPIRE INDEX PAGE
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<==== BACK TO THE "VITAL SIGNS OF A DYING ECONOMY" the "FUTURE" WEBPAGE
<==== BACK TO THE WALL STREET MELTDOWN WEBSITE, with "WHAT TO DO TO SURVIVE" TIPS
<=== BACK TO ENRON PLANET, the DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!
<====BACK TO THE HOLISTIC GOURMET, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL ARTISAN IMPORT/ EXPORT TYCOON AND HIS "STUFF"
<=== BACK TO THE GLEENERS PAGE
<=== HOW EVEN A POOR PERSON CAN BUY REAL ESTATE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE GENTLEMAN FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES in DROUGHT STATE GARDENS for big $, learn in ONE hr at HOME DEPOT
<=== BACK TO "DONE WELL, ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT and IT CREATES CAREERS for YOU as well as PLANETARY EVOLUTION"
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<====BACK TO THE FREE MONEY WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES WEBSITE
<===== BACK TO THE POVERTY INDEX PAGE
<==== BACK TO THE "TIPS to SURVIVE THE FUTURE" INDEX PAGE
BACK TO THE "FIX YOUR FLAGGING AMBITION" SEMINAR
<== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE REALITY 101 SEMINAR FOR TEENS
<==== BACK TO THE SHOW BUSINESS ARCHIVE for writers, producers and documentarians
<====HOW TO TINKER WITH OTHER PEOPLE's BRAINS
<====BACK TO THE NEW AGE EMPOWERING INDEX
<===BACK TO "HOW TO MERCHANDISE YOURSELF" INDEX
<===BACK TO THE ALL ABOUT TAXES INDEX PAGE
<=== MEET ANITA SANDS WHO WRITES ALL THESE ARTICLES
<=== TAKE ME TO THE HOLISTIC PET, HOW NEVER TO NEED a VET
<===== TAKE ME TO THE SALMONELLA TIMES, HOW TO SAVE THE CHICKEN
<=== BACK TO THE TRUTHS ABOUT DENTISTRY THAT WILL SAVE YOU 100 THOUSAND!
<=== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED WEBPAGE, HOAXES WE HAVE ALL KNOWN
<===BACK TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WEB STUFF (for dummies)
<===BEAUTIES, HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE AND SAVE THE WORLD
<=== BACK TO HOW THE POOR MAN CAN BUY REAL ESTATE SEMINAR
<===BACK TO THE ACTIVIST'S EASY BREEZY METHOD FOR EVOLUTION
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL LIFE STYLE and PENNY SAVING SECRETS WEBPAGE.