MOLD IN MY PIPES or ACID REFLUX?
I had a Burning throat and stomach for weeks on end. I knew I had never in 72 yrs been acid tummy, never any indigestion and NO REFLUX. (that I knew of) And I didn't think the PYLORUS bacteria that ULCER patients have was around my house. Though it probably comes in thru what you eat, not the air or furniture! My son has the burnies and he chews fennel seeds and it stops for an hour. And he takes pellegrino water and it stops, So I am planting fennel. Nevertheless, I suspected a small bacterium or candida or mold so I also thought I'd eat whole garlic cloves as I eat my raw, soaked, peeled almonds. Nibble piece of garlic then bite nut. Very tasty. Add arugula. A whole protein and the garlic kills bacteria and viruses. And I cured myself.
The syndrome would go away for a year and occasionally come back I thought I knew how I got it. Not sweetening my body with sugar as I don't eat the stuff. But, I didn't wash all my garden's food perfectly. I'd nibble IN THE YARD, and it wasn't the vegies it was eating fruit fallen on composted soil. Oranges that had fallen, I hadn't soaked them in bleach solution, just juiced them as is... That was no doubt how I got MOLD IN MY THROAT
Then, my fridge needed an interior bleaching. So figuring it was SOME YEASTY TYPE THING, I began eating arugula with a clove of garlic, nibble one green bite, then bite off a piece of the garlic. As a snack do Toast with HUGE cloves of garlic, raw, smushed on top. And ate all foods with raw garlic. CURED IT EVERY TIME.
Last snack I'd eat a small bowl of soaked, peeled almonds timing each bite to a nip of my garlic clove. I CURED the syndrome every time an hour at best two days at worst.
But this BURNY THROAT /STOMACH syndrome gave me time to think of how others might open their body's doors to a bug. Or alternative ways that I did. Buying 'expired date' BIBLE BREAD coincided with the start of one bout of this malady. After purchase Bread was kept in freezer but there'd been mold on it when I bought it. Just a tiny corner was green --though the rumor is MOLD is all thru the loaf when that happens. AND the real rumor is, any fresh baked bread put into a plastic bag gets mold in hours!
How I TOASTED my bread well, every A.M. two toasted slices as I thought that would KILL ALL MOLD. but this could be the offender. Or the fallen oranges.
BOTTOM LINE, NEVER MIND what caused it, how did one END IT? I began GOOGLING MOLD INFECTION IN THROAT and holistic protocols, solutions. I found brown seaweed extract, garlic, lemon, apple cider vinegar all recommended. Then I read up on holistic protocol for ACID REFLUX and found A tree bark called Slippery elm works on this GERD syndrome. Google up: "acid reflux" slippery elm and you'll see UTUBE and other pages on this ancient cure for Acid.
Take a look at : http://www.drjohntafel.com/?page_id=619 That's a good site but find your own texts googling search terms like: Detoxification + Mold + Mycotoxins + Protocol -- That will attract HOLISTIC sites. Not likely Dept of Health has much on this theme. Too NEW AGE!
Here is what I found on one site How to Restore the health of your body, brain and organ systems after mold exposure - Identify and avoid mold and mycotoxin exposure! (To identify, use labs, tests, mold plates" it advises." Jeez, that cost hundreds to do so forget that! We can't afford the "SENIOR ACCESS VAN" which wants 5$ every trip, much less taxis, doctors, labs so that's out. MOST people googling health solutions can't afford all that. HOW DUMB is that for a site to publish such stuff. IF YOUR THROAT and stomach are burning like they're on fire and there is no pepper, chile or anything in your food, no pickles, vinegary items, no jalapenos, no flu symtpoms, no acid reflux, ever..and one certainly KNOWS when one hiccups stomach acid and it backwashes. The hardware and software are moving around. I didn't have that. So now, my eye scans the INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX:
1. Make your bedroom a “safe room” to reduce body load (proper air filter, etc) AIR FILTER?? I do have a lot of these machines, gifts from dissatisfied users who felt their VOLTAGE go up. Mine are so old and filthy they'd make me ILL-ER! Where did I leave that box of filters. They gifted me with THAT, too. Anyway, I didn't get this stomach mold I had thru my fine California smog, my mattress in the bedroom. This is GUT STUFF. So I read on.
2. Evaluate workspace for your safety. MY HOME is my work place. Yeah it needs a vacuuming, yes the winter rain is tedious and cats track in every spore they can find outdoors. But I have gut mold this week.
3. SO I read on " Stop mold intake & growth in wet, warm parts of the body." What would that be? Crotch, armpit? Nasal passages, larynx, stomach and lower gut, right. No more organic arugula, radishes washed under garden hose. Gotta add a tsp of bleach to a sink and soak stuff. My friend the Master Jules used to soak all vegies in a sink with a tsp of bleach in the water.
4. Stop Mold and Mycotoxin absorption. That probably means in fridge containers, drawers, shelves where food is exposed. (Also, see top ten foods with high mycotoxins.) Mushrooms, bread bought in plastic, airtight wrappers. The usual suspects. I must soak vegies, fruits. I must buy bread at bakery with no plastic wrapper. And certainly must use Bleachy soap suds or COMET on interior of my ancient fridge. I have to regularly TOSS ALL the salad sitting around molding. It does no good to examine a loaf of bread even with that lens I use for palm reading. You cannot see the mold. Be certain that if it's wrapped in plastic it's MOLDY. The small fungi spores cannot be seen!.
5. Following these rules will stop toxic “addiction” from yeast/mold/Candida by-products that damages your health: Stop “vicious cycle” of acetaldehyde poisoning. Learn how this compound spreads through the body and not only causes cellular damage (via isoquinolones and beta carbolines), but also combines with dopamine to make salsolinol and serotonin to make beta carbolines–“opiate-like” compounds for short-term relief, but long-term damage to brain and other systems of the body. A lot of big, ugly words but trust me, the result is UGLIER.
The site goes on to say " Provide liver nutrients for mold detoxification as well as “binders” to remove toxins from your body. (Monitor progress, if desired, with accurate “total body load” testing. WHO?
1. For Polar (what does that mean?) Mycotoxins: (dissolve in water, not fat. . But how do I know which myco is water and which is fat?) Use Zeolite bentonite or an equivalent clay product: Effective in adsorbing polar mycotoxins, e.g. aflatoxins, fumonisins. Clinoptilolite is a natural zeolite well suited to bind mycotoxins, due to its large amount of pore spaces, large inner surface, ideal pore structure and high cation exchange capacity;
Cholestyramine: a quaternary ammonium ion with a structure similar to cholesterol so it can bind some toxins in fatty tissues. Never saw that at the healthfood store.
2. For Less Polar (Modified Mannan-Oligosaccharide, derived from outer cell walls of Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast.) Broad spectrum in absorbing both polar and less polar mycotoxins, e.g. aflatoxin, zearalenone, vomitoxin, ochratoxin, fumonisin, T-2 toxin, etc. Glucomannan will not bind drugs, vitamins and minerals. ref http://www.cenzone-europe.com/Eng/MicrobondEn.htm
3. For Non-polar: (Likes to stay in fat, doesn’t dissolve in water): Olestra protocol, Welchol and others. WHAT?
4. Others: The usefullness of Phenylalanine and Cholestyramine has been documented for Aflatoxins. Well I think I know what that means. The former is a supplement, the A word is something that occurs in grain.
B. Restore GI deficiencies: Right ACID burns out all molds. See, I remember when I had no stomach acid and by repercussion my kidneys failed. Holistic healer finally cured me, no hospital or clinic could. I had to take betaine hydrochloric acid to restore my digestion once when I had a mucosa burnout and acid stopped being produced. I couldn't digest proteins, just urped and burped showing the protein was fermenting. A month of hics and urps and burps meant all that protein went thru my system undigested and my kidneys failed. I had edema everywhere. SEE how this procedure starts: READ HOW MY ACID-LACK NEARLY KILLED ME. The cure was supplementing this important acid. I'd ruined my mucosa using aspirin at nite to sleep. Wrong substance.
Article goes on with its' mishmash arcane wording "Depleted glutathione peroxidase and other anti-inflammatory enzymes in the gut, liver and other parts of the body with powerful anti-inflammatories.
C. Begin Diet which will build up cellular glutathione, reduce “feeding” the mold, and will build up your minerals and antioxidants which will be needed in stages below.
D. Anti-Candida (and mold) diet for at least a month with use of herbals and/or medicinals to decrease the GI load. THEN....
Continue to decrease the body’s load of mycotoxins with binders to accelerate removal from the body–If available add other techniques of ridding the body (Far red sauna, etc)
Restore normal hormonal and other body system balance. Check Hormone levels for insufficient anti-inflammatory support: Especially Vitamin D levels, adrenal cortisol, testosterone, DHEA & pregnenalone (Neuroprotectives)
Measure and reduce widespread free radicals and inflammation damage: Free radical defense supplementation and measure your morning “FREE RADICALS:”
Month Four (Sooner if needed for significant brain “fog” and other deficits.)
A. Restore Brain Function
1. Begin a PM brain supplement powder and a PM brain antioxidant
2. If you have had brain involvement, use supplements to calm down the cells that surround and support your brain cells–Reduce brain glial cell inflammation.
B. Repeat measurement of your AM free radicals, or use the more accurate AM lipid peroxides
If the free radical load is reduced, you are creating a healthier body and brain environment for your re-building process.
1. Increase brain growth factors: CDP Choline, PS and stem cell stimulation
2. Stop and repair the inner brain cell damage that occurs with chronic brain inflammation.
3. Continue GI tract and liver support and restoration. Measure Candida level and other micro-organism levels: Intensive Candida reduction to reduce damaging TIQs released by Candida;
4. Discuss the use of “Rescue” supplements for when you ”cheat” on your diet
Appendix 1: Avoid the ten foods which are highest in mycotoxins:*Dr. Dave Holland is the co-author, with Doug Kaufmann, of the best-selling book The Fungus Link, and the new book, The Fungus Link, Volume 2. In these books, and in their other books they discuss the ravages that yeast, fungi and their mycotoxins (fungal toxins) can cause us when we are exposed to them. Health problems ranging from cancer to heart disease to asthma, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes may all be related to mycotoxins.
1) Pig meat including sausage, bacon, salami, and ham are full of colonized fungal and contain the fungi Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A which is associated with many different documented cancers.
* Cooking these meats throughly kills most of the fungus, however, cold cuts will begin to grow the fungus again and after a few days the cold meats contain the fungus again.
2) Tobacco contains yeasts and sugars which ferment the tobacco into the form which reaches the human blood and tissues causing disbiosis of the blood and tissues leading to every degenerative disease known including cancer, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
* Tobacco is bad regardless of how used except for when using tobacco leaves as the American Indian medicine men uses it. They use it as a poultice to draw our poisons out of the body, cure some skin infections and prevent infection from developing in cuts.
3) Mushrooms are not a vegetable but rather the fruiting body of a fungus whose major form of existence, the root-like mycelium, is hidden in the soil. This fruiting body is the means to disperse the seed-like spores of the fungus throughout the blood and tissues. For example edible mushrooms induce bladder cancer.
* You should never eat raw mushrooms because of this fungus. Cooking mushrooms for a period of time until they at least change color kills most of the fungus. However, if in foods that are leftovers and refrigerated, the fungus will multiple.
4) Corn and all associated products contain over 25 different strains of fungus, all disease causing. Several cancer causing.
* Corn that is cooked throughly kills most of the fungus. However, cold corn that is put into salads will multiply as the fungus grows rapidly.
5) Peanuts & Cashews contain over 27 different strains of fungus...(high levels of cancer causing fungus).
Note: Jimmy Carter's family has a high incidence of cancer.
* Peanuts baked in baked goods - kills most of the fungus. Peanuts are not wise to eat raw, peanut butter has been tested and different fungus strains have been found in peanut butter.
6) Barley contains the fungi Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A. This mycotoxin is associated with many different documented cancers.
* Barley that has been cooked in soups is fine. Cooking kills most of the fungus. Cold barley for salads is deadly. Refrigerating will cause the fungus to multiply even in soups.
7) Animal meat and poultry including beef, lamb, chicken, and turkey contain the fungi Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A. It is associated with many different documented cancers.
* You should only eat meat that has been throughly cooked so that there is not "pink" meat showing. Cooking kills most of the fungi and the body can deal with this small amount of up to 8 ounces daily of any meat. Actually, eating 8 ounces or less of any meat daily is more healthful for many reasons.
8) Alcohol including wine and especially beer contain the fungus Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A.
* Small amounts, 1 small glass a day is fine. The body can deal with small amount of the fungus. More than 2 small glasses of wine, beer, or alcohol daily can create toxins in the body that can cause serious health problems over time. It will also depress the immune system, causing more colds and illness.
9) Dairy products including milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, ice-cream, butter, etc. are fully colonized with fungi and contain the fungus Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A. These foods are also high in sugar which promotes the production of pleomorphic bacteria, yeast, and fungus.
* The least of these in fungus is 1% or 2% milk. Heating cheese to be used in macaroni kills most of the fungus. Cold cheese is loaded with the fungus, especially if it has been sitting for sometime. Cottage Cheese is loaded with the fungus. The immune system of the body can handle small amounts of 1% or 2% milk and heated cheese daily. Yogurt as long as it is made from "live" cultures is fine to eat. As a matter of fact, it is "good" bacteria that actually kills the "bad" bacteria such as yeast in the body. However, eating too much can also have negative effects. Up to 6 ounces a day is fine.
10) Eggs are fully colonized with fungus and contaminated with mycotoxins.
* Cooking them kills most of them. However, boiling eggs for salads is fine if used at one meal, however, refrigerated eggs or as in egg salad, the fungus begins to multiply again.
11) STORED GRAINS AND CEREALS ARE FULLY COLONIZED WITH FUNGUS AND CONTAMINATED WITH MYCOTOXINS.
* As long as the grains are cooked it kills most of the fungus. Grains for spagettti or pasta are fine. Oatmeal that is cooked for cereals is fine. Oatmeal baked for cookies is fine as long as eaten within a few days. Cold grain cereals are not that good to eat because of the fungus and mycotoxins. You should never eat cold pasta salads.
12) Stored potatoes are fully colonized with fungus and contaminated with mycotoxins.
* Cooking potatoes kills most of the fungus/mycotoxins, however refrigerating will breed the fungus. Cold Potato salad that has been refrigerated is not healthy! Please note, storing does not mean purchasing them and storing them for use in a cool/dark place. Do not store them in a refrigerator. It may help them to last longer, however, the fungus will breed in colder temperatures to survive. However, the longer they are even stored in a cool/darl place like a kitchen cupboard, the more fungus will breed. It is when potatoes have been refrigerated after cooking that the fungus will begin to grow again. A baked potato is actually very healthy to eat, low in fat and the glycemic index. White potatoes have received a bad rap since most diets say stay away from "white foods." Now if you pile up the butter and sour cream on a baed potatoe you are defeating the purpose. Sweet potatoes and yams are even better, but again, cook them, boiled or baked, but do not eat them raw or store them after cooking for this will begin the fungus breeding process.
13) Sugar including honey, maple syrup, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, rice syrup, barley malt etc. promtote the growth of pleomorphic bacteris, yeast, fungus, and mold and suppress the immune system response up to five hours.
* Unless you use these in cooking or baking something which kills most of the fungus, it is not wise to use these as sweetners in drinks or drink products containing them. You should avoid all fruit juices containing corn syrup as the sweetener.
14) Vinegar or apple cider vinegar acidifies the blood and tissues which promotes the production of bacteria, yeast, fungus, and mold.
* However, if used in very small amounts, 2-3 teaspsoons on salads will kill any type of bacteria on the lettuce is not harmful and actually healthful to the body. Avoid using vinegar to flavor meats or soups. Using Italian dressing to marinate meat is not wise.
15) Yeast in any form including Brewers Yeast.
* Using the amounts needed in baking a loaf of bread is fine. The immune system can deal with small amounts. It is when you consume a number of foods daily that has yeast in it that can cause yeast infections and Candidisis Albicans.
16) Caffeine in any form acidifies the blood and tissues which promotes the production of pleomorphic baceast, fungus and mold.
* Small amounts of caffeine in tea or coffee is good for the body and the immune system can deal with this. When you drink more than 2 cups of coffee a day, you are exposing yourself to large amounts of the fungus.
17) High fructose fruits acidify the blood and tissues and feed the production of pleomorphic bacteria, yeast, fungus, and mold. For example, APPLE JUICE IS CONTAIMINATED WITH THE CARCINOGENIC MYCOTOXIN PATULIN WHICH IS DERIVED FROM THE FUNGUS AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH STOMACH CANCER.
* I strongly suggest not drinking apple juice. Even though juices are pasteurized, heated to kill bacteria and most fungus, apple juice has the highest capability of breeding more of the fungus as it sits on the shelf. Juices that contain the least amount of fungus after sitting is cranberry, ( very good for keeping urinary tract and kidneys infections down), papaya, white or red grape and pineapple. Orange juice is fine if freshly squeezed or fron a carton that has not been made from concentrate and drank within 1-2 days. Avoid juices made from concentrate.
18) Dried fish contains the Aspergillus fungus and the extracts from the dried fish contains large amounts of aflatoxin.
* Cooking kills most of the fungus. Eating raw fish such as in sushi is dangerous. There have been deaths caused from eating raw fish sush as in sushi. Never eat cold or refrigerated fish. Anchovies are loaded with the fungus as well as most canned fish meats. Tuna is fine because it has low fungus which the body can deal with in small amounts. Eating tuna packed in water is the best, however limit the amount to less than 4 ounces a day. Tuna and other types of fishes are known to carry mercury, PCB's and other contaminants. Never eat farm raised fish like farm raised salmon or trout. Farm raised fish are loaded with bacteria due to the small areas they are raised in and are often fed hormones to make them grow faster.
19) Devitalized salt ( processed white store bought salt ) changes the negative charge on the blood cells causing them to stack or combine into symplasts which can lead to oxygen deprivation, congestion, poor circulation, stroke, and/or heart attack.
* Use natural sea salt that has had iodine added is the best. Actually sea salt does wonders for the body and is needed by the body. Recent studies show natural sea salt does not raise blood pressure like once thought it did.
20) Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils as in margarine, shortenings and vegetable oils are altered fat substances which are known to be detrimental to health because they interfere with normal biochemical processes. These oils have been shown to increase cholesterol, decrease beneficial high-density lipoprotein (HDL) interfere with our liver's detoxification system, and interfere with essential fatty acid function.
Dr. Willett at Harvard has shown they cause a 53% increase in coronary heart disease, In September, 1998, The American Heart Association issued a health warning to avoid foods containing these oils. Diabetes type II, cell inflammation and autoimmune problems have been linked to these oils.
* Read my column, Hydrogenated Oils-Silent Killers" for in depth details about these oils. Links are provided to more than 125 research studies showing the negative health effects of these oils.
Overall, the best diet is the following. Look at your plate. You should have 45% in vegetables, fruits, carbohydrates, 25% in meat proteins and either consuming 30% in good fats or cooking in good oils, etc." Fresh fruits for dessert are fine as long as the fruits are fairly fresh. The longer fruits sit around, the more fungus will grow on them. Fruits bought at the grocery store should be eaten within 3-4 days after purchase.
Mycotoxins cause a wide range of health problems in humans when we are exposed to small amounts over an extended period of time, and can even be lethal if taken in large quantities over a short period of time. “Grains are sources of carbohydrates, or sugars, and as such, they risk contamination by certain fungi. These fungi produce secondary metabolites, or mycotoxins.”
One food that is not mentioned on the list is coconut oil. I want to point out that, while coconut oil is an incredible food in terms of nutrition and taste, many coconut oils contain mycotoxins. This is because they are commonly made with copras, or dried coconuts, which are often contaminated with mycotoxins. So in order to fully enjoy the benefits of this coconut oil, you will want to be sure that you find a company that uses only fresh coconuts to make their oil, like the Tropical Traditions virgin coconut oil. I rub this on my feet but never ate it!
You’ll also notice that peanuts are on the list. Peanuts are not only commonly contaminated with aflatoxin, a carcinogenic mold, but they will also distort your omega-3:6 ratio. A much better choice if you want to eat nuts are walnuts: They will give you some beneficial omega-3. I do eat peanut butter, all brands.
1. Alcoholic beverages
Alcohol is the mycotoxin of the Saccharomyces yeast–brewer’s yeast. Other mycotoxins besides alcohol can also be introduced into these beverages through the use of mold-contaminated grains and fruits. Producers often use grains that are too contaminated with fungi and mycotoxins to be used for table foods, so the risk is higher that you are consuming more than just alcohol in your beverage (Council for Agricultural Science and technology. Mycotoxins: Economic and Health Risks. Task Force Report Number 116. CAST. Ames, IA. Nov 1989). Before you drink for the health of your heart, consider the other possible risks of drinking. There are safer ways of consuming antioxidants.
Corn is “universally contaminated” with fumonisin and other fungal toxins such as aflatoxin, zearalenone and ochratoxin (Council for Agricultural Science and Technology. Mycotoxins: Risks in Plant, Animal and Human Systems. Task Force Report No. 139. Ames, IA. Jan 2003). Fumonisin and aflatoxin are known for their cancer-causing effects, while zearalenone and ochratoxin cause estrogenic and kidney-related problems, respectively. Just as corn is universally contaminated with mycotoxins, our food supply seems to be universally contaminated with corn–it’s everywhere!
Not only is wheat often contaminated with mycotoxins, but so are the products made from wheat, like breads, cereals, pasta, etc. Pasta may be the least-“offensive” form of grains since certain water-soluble mycotoxins, such as deoxynivalenol (vomitoxin), are partially removed and discarded when you toss out the boiling water that you cooked the pasta in. Unfortunately, traces of the more harmful, heat-stable and fat-soluble mycotoxins, such as aflatoxin, remain in the grain. Regarding breads–it probably doesn’t matter if it’s organic, inorganic, sprouted, blessed or not–if it came from a grain that has been stored for months in a silo, it stands the chance of being contaminated with fungi and mycotoxins. THIS IS HOW I GOT IT. I feel it intuitively. BIBLE BREAD. The last loaf happened to be 'expired date' half price. OH OH.
Similar to other grains that can be damaged by drought, floods and harvesting and storage processes, barley is equally susceptible to contamination by mycotoxin-producing fungi. Barley is used in the production of various cereals and alcoholic beverages.
5. Sugar (sugar cane and sugar beets)
Not only are sugar cane and sugar beets often contaminated with fungi and their associated fungi, but they, like the other grains, fuel the growth of fungi. Fungi need carbohydrates–sugars–to thrive.
Sorghum is used in a variety of grain-based products intended for both humans and animals. It is also used in the production of alcoholic beverages.
A 1993 study demonstrated 24 different types of fungi that colonized the inside of the peanuts used in the report (Costantini, A. Etiology and Prevention of Atherosclerosis. Fungalbionics Series.1998/99). And this was after the exterior of the peanut was sterilized! So, when you choose to eat peanuts, not only are you potentially eating these molds, but also their mycotoxins. Incidentally, in the same study the examiners found 23 different fungi on the inside of corn kernels. That said, if you choose to plant your own garden in an attempt to avoid mycotoxin contamination of corn or peanuts, it does you no good if the seed (kernel) used to plant your garden is already riddled with mold.
The same goes for rye as for wheat and other grains. In addition, when we use wheat and rye to make bread, we add two other products that compound our fungal concerns: sugar and yeast! Only thing is, rye ergot (LSD) makes you hallucinate. So I didn't have any ergot. I'd have known.
9. Cottonseed: Cottonseed is typically found in the oil form (cottonseed oil), but is also used in the grain form for many animal foods. Many studies show that cottonseed is highly and often contaminated with mycotoxins.
10. Hard Cheeses
Here’s a hint: if you see mold growing throughout your cheese, no matter what you paid for it, there’s a pretty good chance that there’s a mycotoxin not far from the mold. It is estimated that each fungus on Earth produces up to three different mycotoxins. The total number of mycotoxins known to date numbers in the thousands. Keep cheese in freezer. Mold Couldn't grow there.
On the other hand, some cheeses, such as Gouda cheese, are made with yogurt-type cultures, like Lactobacillus, and not fungi (Costantini, 1998/99). These cheeses are a much healthier alternative, fungally speaking.
<===BACK TO PREVENTION OF DISEASE WITH HOLISM