WHOLE FOODS, TRADER JOES, BIG CHAIN SUPER MARKETS ARE TOO COSTLY!
MAKE YOUR OWN DAILY STAPLES; YOU CAN DO BETTER!
Here's a fun game. Make your own HOLIDAY VEGAN TURKEY, (TOFURKEY) make your own almond milk, coconut milk, energy bars, granola, smoothies and vegeburgers. Falafal balls (for pitas or soup) You will see how much tastier these are than store bought and how much money you save! Plus, you get the gratification and PRIDE of doing it all yourself. Here are some KITCHEN CREATIONS that are easy, save you money, are fun, healthy and provide great mindfulness, creative activity, satisfaction and productivity too!
* ALMOND MILK. Make big mason jars full of home-made almond milk. SOAK desired amount of almonds (2 cups) over night, rinse off the soak water with new clean water. THEN PEEL THEM ALL while watching TV. So time flies more. BLEND nuts in blender with pure or distilled new water. Strain through a nut bag (found on Amazon or health food store) and squeeze well. Pass the same meal through another blending with some more water to get more out of all the nut meat. Taste milk for desired richness, then add almond flavoring. Save the resulting almond meal for cookies, energy bars, granola, fiber for muffins, etc... Let dry on baking sheet and store in freezer. OR use right away, moist. Besides almond flavoring you can add honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamon or anything you like to your milk. Or leave it rich and plain. Keep hands and everything clean during entire process or bacteria will grow. Milk jars store in fridge. Shake as needed, cream will rise to top.so shake it.
* COCONUT MILK. Mason jars full of rich home-made coconut milk. Buy real cocos and have a man separate meat from shell as it's hand-dangerous. Or use organic shredded unsweetened Coconut flakes at health food store or on amazon. (many good brands available). Soak (bloom) entire package in pure or distilled warm water for 30 mins. Not boiling water. And do not dump the water! Use it in the blending process, in batches, along with additional water and additional passes on the same coconut meat. Follow same steps as Almond milk. Keep the leftover meal for all sorts of other creations (see above instructions.)
* GRANOLA. You can make huge batches of home-made granola - toast sunflower seeds, almond slivers, pumpkin seeds, rolled oats, dry shredded coconut and any meal left over from the nut milk makings. Watch carefully in oven - do not burn!! Do not crowd baking sheet, move around often and toast to a GOLDEN. Add tons of CHIA seeds toward end, so that they do not burn. Take all GOLDEN items out of oven, let cool and dry on baking sheet. Add dried currants or raisins or cranberries. Then, in a big mixing bowl, sweeten with organic molasses, honey and coconut oil. Agave too if desired. Watch the sweetness! Mix well, taste, add, etc... Spice with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cinnamon. Taste as you go. Set on baking sheet and let dry some. Drizzle with a bit more molasses/honey, then pack in tupperware and shake. High protein and fiber. (Organic cold-pressed pure Coconut oil is found in glass jars at local health food super markets.)
* ENERGY BARS. Make batches of Granola as above - then heavy press contents into a shallow casserole dish lined with parchment paper and greased with coconut oil. Cook low and slow. To golden. (use same granola mix above). Let cool and break into travel-size chunks. Keep in tupperware. Eat on the go.
* CHIA SEED PUDDING. Chia seeds get 'bloomed' with pure water. You may flavor water with natural sugar or agave or maple syrup or not. Bloomed chia will absorb lots of water. Add more water as needed until chia's are fully bloomed, but not swimming in too much water. THEN add bloomed Chia seeds to almost any slurry you make. Almond/Coconut/Banana, coconut / Avocado/Banana, green tea, mango or peach tea (with teas, brew stronger batch than normal), also blended (strained) cucumber juice and lemon, Watermelon juice, Coffee with coco nibs - ANYTHING! So long as you first bloomed it in a water-based way. Bloomed chia seeds go with ANYTHING. Sweet or savory. CHIA SEED pudding is healthy! (if you watch the sugar!)
* DETOX SMOOTHIE. Huge handful of organic cilantro (rinsed and drained) stems too, a whole cut-up organic cucumber with peel (well washed), a bit of water, 1/2 of an avocado, half or whole lemon juiced, turmeric powder and celtic salt to taste. Blend all. Amazing, filling and healthy. Cilantro chelates heavy metals from your body, i.e. shows them the exit. Avocado full of natural fats and protein. Add scoop of plant-based protein powder for additional boost. (no whey or soy!)
* OMEGA SARDINE SALAD - Buy a few cans of King Oscar Norwegian sardines (You'll like em' in olive oil). Make a salad or eat on cuke slices with lemon juice and celtic salt. Gluten free crackers. No wheat crackers! Salad: Mix sardines with arugula or watercress (or any peppery green), add lemon juice, celtic salt and the juice from the can, slice in a fresh hard-boiled egg. Mix softly and eat. Sublime! Salad gets rich and soupy at bottom with lemon juice and egg yolk and the EVOO. Eat it for breakfast or lunch! Add in your favorite other items - tomatoes, cuke, avocado, what have you.... Note, lemony sardines are the main flavor. Do not add conflicting flavors! Sardines (esp. King Oscar) are from cold Norwegian waters. They are a clean source of protein and Omegas! No tuna, no farm-raised fish and no predatory (high food chain) fish - they are full of toxins and goodness knows what else!
Eat well. Take back self-sufficiency, health, money, spending, creativity and more. Feel good from producing your own GOOD THINGS! Your spirit and heart and skin and bones and mind will thank you.
Stand by for the HOME MADE VEGETARIAN BURGER RECIPE !
but FIRST A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE
WANT PUBLIC AID? GET A JOB AS A HAMBURGER CLERK.
YOU WILL GET WELFARE QUICKLY AND EASILY!
This job is great! Pay's so LOW it qualifies me for welfare and food stamps!
YEP! There's official confirmation today (BusinessWeek Mag,) of something we've long suspected: McDonald's is using billions of your tax dollars to subsidize its sub poverty wages. In short: The biggest fast food companies make billions of profits - - - but since they won't pay a living wage for even their full-time employees, those employees need taxpayer-funded public assistance programs to survive - - - to the tune of a whopping $7 Billion a year! And we're not talking about teenagers - - - a two-thirds majority of McDonald's employees are full-grown adults, many of them working full-time. ENOUGH of THAT! Isn't America tired of paying McTaxes so that McDonald's, Burger King and others can ensure full-time employees stay poor and hungry?
Just how bad is it? Businessweek Mag admits it's a huge problem, writing "[Things] might have been fine when those behind the counter were mostly teenagers living at home. These days, though, 68 percent of fast-food workers are single or married adults who aren't in school---and 26 percent are raising children." Now that's bad.
So vow today to make your own burgers for carry-lunches and do it nightly! Instead of 15 bucks spent on big macs, (daily for a family of four, plus gas to get to the shop) Two dollars will feed lunch daily to that same family of four.
Join the millions who today are VOWING to make hamburgers at home and send them off in the lunch pails of millions of students and office workers,thusly ensuring that nobody in YOUR family has a hankering for a costly, dead cow burger which strips Brazilian forests of trees-- any day of the week. Thank you for all you do to make this movement real. Make NIGHTLY PATTIES A RELIGIOUS EXERCISE to win your HALO. And save you over 70bucks a week.
VEGAN BURGERS- HAVE ON HAND: 2 cups of your CHOICE OF NUTS, PULSE and GRAIN* (Pulse would be lentils, canned, drained garbanzos, beans. Grain would be buckwheat, (bulghur wheat), buckwheat groats, barley, quinoa, brown rice, even oats. This can be mixed with sprouted grain bread (BIBLE BREAD) which was toasted and turned into crumbs. (If raw grains, obviously you must COOK the GRAIN. If bulgur wheat, or oats, soak in hot water til done. As none of this is high protein, we also will be using one cup of raw shelled, chopped nuts. Almonds must be soaked overnight and rinsed, astringent skins harsh to stomach. To make them tastier, dry for two days then toast on heavy skillet. A real 'show biz' finished product requires chopped bell peppers, a can of creamed corn, some onions, garlic, butter-garlic fried mushrooms, tofu, tomato sauce, celery, parsley, cilantro. Maybe cheese for topping. But not required as the other ingredients make it so tasty.
METHOD: We are going to saute the basic vegies first, then MIX in pre-soaked then cooked GRAIN, nuts, cooked oats or breadcrumbs, spices, all the other ingredients and add two eggs,so that the mixture binds somewhat, so that you can cool it slightly and form a burger shape and have it stay in shape.
Now, put olive oil in skillet, heat and drop in chopped celery, onions, a garlic clove or two, thyme, oregano. In go Chopped mushrooms/ chopped Bell pepper. In the Saute stage, we add minced onions, minced garlic, celery, red or green peppers, fry a minute or so.. Always Prepare the ALMONDS by soaking overnight, to get acids out of skins and then SKINNING them & dry two days then toast before chopping . Almonds must always be soaked a few hrs in water, then skin that brown, thin peel off. Those skins are not good for you, very astringent. Aurevedic doctors in India know that they can tear up your stomach lining. So you have 2 cups of grain/ pulse and a cup of nuts.
To finish, add a 1/2 of a pound brick of drained crumbled tofu. and 1/2 can creamed corn, water chestnuts chopped. (Note: when you buy waterchestnuts, make sure can is dated not old as these suck in the metallic tin left in can too long.) To bind this into patties, we must add 2 beaten eggs.
PATTIE METHOD- Reach into bowl of 'meat' pull out 1/4 cup and shape into a patty, dredge in flour and cornmeal, crumbs or whatever you use for 'breading.' Fry lightly to get crunch and color. Then bake patties another l0 min in oven. Cool before assembling the sandwiches for that night.
You can do this recipe as meatloaf too, in a loaf pan. Last five minutes bake w. a little cheese and tomato sauce on top. Freeze 3/4 of slices. For individual use daily. Set a thawed slice in sandwich bread, use mayo on bread, then lots of salad, then insert patty. By noon it's thawed completely.
STUFFED BELL PEPPER OR ZUCCHINI method - Fill the slightly steamed vegetable to be stuffed with the VegeBurger mix, bake 15 min with tomato sauce and cheese on top.
MEATBALL METHOD- The Latinos call a meatball soup SOPA de ALBONDIGAS. The protein balls are beef/pork and are served in a clear, tomato vegie soup. But we will do our vegeburgers, first dredged in something floury, a mix of wholesome gluten free flours. You fry lightly to get a slight crust and oven bake so they harden up a little, and are DONE. Which takes 10 minutes. Then the round meatballs are dropped into any home made pot of soup. You can make dozens doubling the recipe and freeze them in ziplock bags!. Whenever there's a soup on the stove, they will thaw in a few minutes of simmering. I started doing this after I got a bag of frozen falfafel balls at Trader Joes. THAT was tastiest food I ever ate, falafel balls dropped into hot soup. Now I find that product at Arabic or Lebaneese or Armenian markets, Iranian markets which abound in L.A. Calif, 5$ a pound bag of a few dozen FALAFAL all vegan meatballs. (My personal recipes for that are here, why not make that at home, too?) For 5$ you will have FIVE pounds in the freezer for instant protein for your vegie soups.
PRICES IN L.A. CALIF: TOFU is 99c a brick at Oriental market or was when I wrote this piece. 'Shrooms, 2$ a lb on sale at the more bonmarche chain market stores. (There are all kinds of chains. My ethnic market has 3 stores.) After using home grown 'found on the ground' shrooms and vomiting all night I quit stalking the wild version. Always have a few cans of creamed corn around, always found on the 'bent rack' .49c, Brown basmati rice, 10 lbs for l0$ Basmati white rice is on sale 7.99 for ten lbs. Olive oil is 3.99 for 32 oz at Ethnic market. Water chestnuts at 99c store. Almonds $4.99 lb on sale. Eggs $1.59 dozen on sale, .99c at the 99c store. Keep all nuts in fridge as it's worth it to buy a full lb at a time. Nuts get rancid, left out.
ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ is an L.A. Based ASTROLOGER, FUTURIST and MOTHER OF FOUR who has written "HOW TO" books on many themes. All are available free online, see LIST OF INDEXES.<=== BACK TO THE MASTER KITCHEN, DO IT YOURSELF GOURMET FOOD<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL TIPS and CHEAPO LIFESTYLE WEBPAGE
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<===BACK TO THE SECRETS OF THE OLIGARCHS, THE EMPIRE INDEX PAGE
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<==== BACK TO THE "VITAL SIGNS OF A DYING ECONOMY" the "FUTURE" WEBPAGE
<==== BACK TO THE WALL STREET MELTDOWN WEBSITE, with "WHAT TO DO TO SURVIVE" TIPS
<=== BACK TO ENRON PLANET, the DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!
<====BACK TO THE HOLISTIC GOURMET, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL ARTISAN IMPORT/ EXPORT TYCOON AND HIS "STUFF"
<=== BACK TO THE GLEENERS PAGE
<=== HOW EVEN A POOR PERSON CAN BUY REAL ESTATE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE GENTLEMAN FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES in PUBLIC GARDENS as a CHARITY
<=== BACK TO "DONE WELL, ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT and IT CREATES CAREERS for YOU as well as PLANETARY EVOLUTION"
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<====BACK TO THE FREE MONEY WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES WEBSITE
<===== BACK TO THE POVERTY INDEX PAGE
<==== BACK TO THE "TIPS to SURVIVE THE FUTURE" INDEX PAGE
BACK TO THE "FIX YOUR FLAGGING AMBITION" SEMINAR
<== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE REALITY 101 SEMINAR FOR TEENS
<==== BACK TO THE SHOW BUSINESS ARCHIVE for wannabe directors, writers, producers, videographers
<====HOW TO TINKER WITH OTHER PEOPLE's BRAINS
<====BACK TO THE NEW AGE EMPOWERING INDEX
<===BACK TO "HOW TO MERCHANDISE YOURSELF" INDEX
<===BACK TO THE ALL ABOUT TAXES INDEX PAGE
<=== MEET ANITA SANDS WHO WRITES ALL THESE ARTICLES
<=== TAKE ME TO THE HOLISTIC PET, HOW NEVER TO NEED a VET
<===== TAKE ME TO THE SALMONELLA TIMES, HOW TO SAVE THE CHICKEN
<=== BACK TO THE TRUTHS ABOUT DENTISTRY THAT WILL SAVE YOU 100 THOUSAND!
<=== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED WEBPAGE, HOAXES WE HAVE ALL KNOWN
<===BACK TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WEB STUFF (for dummies)
<===BEAUTIES, HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE AND SAVE THE WORLD
<=== BACK TO HOW THE POOR MAN CAN BUY REAL ESTATE SEMINAR