The causes of poverty or.. . . .
What Was It Marx Said About Capitalism??
I said dat it vas about greed; dere is no heart in it!
I also predict dat de super rich will comandeer de
government like an elephant pushing a baby buggy.
Two hundred years ago, Marx predicted that transnationals would merge, they would set prices, they would gain say in government (and there were no lobbyists then, how did he know that?) He foretold that as they were greed-run, they'd up prices on product, lower salaries, undermine trade unions but these actions would cause the workers to be unable to afford their products. That the big, expensive SUVS would just sit on the car lot. HE foresaw all of that! He said Capitalism and the greed it rode in on would kill the industrial revolution. HOLY MOLY. He was GOOD.
Consider the following poverty statistics:
1. Half the world - nearly three billion people - live on less than $2 a day. What S.U.V can they buy? What bottle of ASPIRIN can they buy? Soon it will be like that here. Aspirin will be an hour of work. Bread an hour of work. Rent 2 weeks of work. Meaning a second family member has to work a 40 hr week. This will happen HERE! IN THE WEST!
2. The GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the poorest 48 nations (i.e. a quarter of the world’s countries) is less than the wealth of the world’s 3 richest people combined.
3. Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read or sign their names. Those govs just aren't spending on SCHOOLS. Why is that? They don't want educated workers? Why not? Afraid they could learn to spell 'trade union?'
4. Less than 1% of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed to put every child into school by the year 2000 and it didn't happen.
5. 51% of the world’s 100 hundred wealthiest bodies are corporations. Meaning, beyond governments!
Marx predicted they'd move to third world countries stranding first world workers. PREDICTION LIST:
6. The U.S. has the widest gap between rich and poor of any industrialized nation. So much for democracy!
7. The poorer the country, the more likely it is that debt repayments are being extracted directly from people who neither contracted the loans nor received any of the money. USA is currently in that bind. We owe CHINA. We are 9 trillion in debt and we will pay it thru taxes, licensing fees, higher prices for everything. We have to buy from them. That strands American factories/ workers making the same product.
8. 20% of the population in developed nations consume 86% of the world’s goods.
9. The top fifth of the world’s people enjoy 82% of expanding export trade and 68% of foreign direct investment - the bottom fifth, barely 1%.
10. In 1960, 20% of the world’s people had 30 times the income of the poorest 20% - in 1997, 74 times as much. Today it is stratospheric The truth is your Dad worked for a posh salary (even as an average working stiff,) that had the buying power of a salary of 170$ an hour today.
11. Long-term trends show distance between richest and poorest countries was:
* 3 to 1 in 1820 meaning the wealth of THREE POOR countries equals that of ONE WEALTHY.
* 11 to 1 in 1913
* 35 to 1 in 1950
* 44 to 1 in 1973
* 72 to 1 in 1992
12. A few hundred billionaires today own as much wealth as the world’s poorest 2.5 billion people.
13. “The combined wealth of the world’s 200 richest people hit $1 trillion
in 1999; the combined incomes of the 582 million people living in the 43
least developed countries is $146 billion.”
14. “Approximately 790 million people in the developing world are still
chronically undernourished, almost two-thirds of whom reside in Asia and
the Pacific.” You try living on rice and leaves.
15. 30,000 children die each day of poverty That is about 210,000 children
each week, just under 11 million children under five years of age, each
16. The richest 50 million people in Europe and North America have the same
income as 2.7 billion poor people.
17. The world’s 497 billionaires in 2001 registered a combined wealth of
$1.54 trillion, well over the combined gross national products of all the
nations of sub-Saharan Africa ($929.3 billion) or those of the oil-rich
regions of the Middle East and North Africa ($1.34 trillion), or , even
more shocking: greater than the combined incomes of the poorest half of
18. A mere 12 percent of the world’s population uses 85 percent of its
water, and these 12 percent do not live in the Third World.
* * * * * * *
THE POWER FRANCHISE IS PROFITABLE SO THESE POLITICOS WANT TO KEEP IT GOING. OIL CORPS, WAR TOY CORPS PAY THEM TO KEEP WAR GOING ON ARABS. DON'T LET THEM! Make CONSTANT interrupting of that game part of your every day, your every hour, your every breath. Wake someone up with these statistics. Preferably someone young and vigorous and smart so that they can come up with wild, out of the box thinking. Just having pro-bono lawyers sue BIG CORPS or GOVS for any public injury they're responsible for...or making the DESPOTIC president responsible for deaths.... So many ideas flying around like birds without nests. Let an idea land in your head. Ask it to land there. BUILD THE NEST, the BIRD WILL COME.
by Anup Shah STARVATION STATS from GLOBAL ISSUES ORG.
To get your PHD, CLICK ON > The World Economic Crisis: A Marxist Analysis by Nick Beams.
THE PRESCIENT MARX READER, FAB QUOTES:
By means of the banking system the distribution of capital as a special
business, a social function, is taken out of the hands of the private
capitalists and usurers. But at the same time, banking and credit become
the most effective means of driving capitalist production beyond its own
limits and is one of the most effective vehicles of crises and swindle.
Karl Marx, "Capital", vol. 3.
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of
regret and disappointment. --Karl Marx
The English Established Church... will more readily pardon an attack on 38
of its 39 articles than on 1/39 of its income. -- Karl Marx, _Capital_
Religion is the sign of the oppressed creature, the sentiment of a
heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of
the people. -- Karl Marx
From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the
point, however, is to change it. -- Karl Marx "Theses on Feuerbach"
We know that violent measures against religion are nonsense; but this is an
opinion: as socialism grows, religion will disappear. Its disappearance
must be done by social development, in which education must play a part. --
Chicago Tribune Interview with Karl Marx
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL TIPS and CHEAPO LIFESTYLE WEBPAGE
Our POSTER is ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ, Los Angeles Writer, mother of 4 and career Astrologer. Catch up with her websites TRUTHS GOV WILL HIDE & NEVER TELL YOU, also The FUTURE, WHAT'S COMIN' AT YA! FRUGAL LIFE STYLE TIPS, HOW TO SURVIVE the COMING GREAT DEPRESSION, and Secrets of Nature, HOLISTIC, AFFORDABLE HEALING. Also ARTISANRY FOR EXPORT, EARN EUROS....*
Anita Sands H. is at astrology@ earthlink.net Get a FREE natal horoscope "my money/future life" reading now + copy horoscope as a Gif file graphic! No smarter, more accurate Destiny reading out there!
<=== BACK TO TRACKING THE ECONOMY, an INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO MONEY SECRETS ONLY THE EXPERTS KNOW
<=== BACK TO SECRETS THE GOV DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW
<===BACK TO THE SECRETS OF THE OLIGARCHS, THE EMPIRE INDEX PAGE
<=== SHOW ME THE FIX INDEX PAGE.
<== SHOW ME THE HAPPY R)EVOLUTION PAGE
<=== BACK TO "GUERILLA CAPITALISM" -- THE SOLUTION!
<==== BACK TO THE "VITAL SIGNS OF A DYING ECONOMY" the "FUTURE" WEBPAGE
<==== BACK TO THE WALL STREET MELTDOWN WEBSITE, with "WHAT TO DO TO SURVIVE" TIPS
<=== BACK TO ENRON PLANET, the DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!
<====BACK TO THE HOLISTIC GOURMET, BON MARCHE
<=== BACK TO THE FRUGAL ARTISAN IMPORT/ EXPORT TYCOON AND HIS "STUFF"
<=== BACK TO THE GLEENERS PAGE
<== BACK TO THE FUTURE INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE GENTLEMAN FARMER'S GARDEN INDEX
<=== INVESTIGATE DOING DRIP IRRIGATE- LINES in PUBLIC GARDENS as a CHARITY
<=== BACK TO "DONE WELL, ACTIVISM IS A DELIGHT and IT CREATES CAREERS for YOU as well as PLANETARY EVOLUTION"
<=== BACK TO THE MALTHUSIAN INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE PHILOSOPHY INDEX PAGE
<=== BACK TO THE LUCK IN LOVE WEBSITE
<== BACK TO THE PROPAGANDA STUDIES WEBSITE, HOW GOV LIES TO YOU
<=== BACK TO ALL POINTS OF THE COMPASS POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY TUTORIAL
<=== BACK TO JERRY'S REFRIGERATOR & the Tin Foil Hat Collection of CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
<====BACK TO THE FREE MONEY WEBSITE
<==== BACK TO THE HARD TIMES WEBSITE
<===== BACK TO THE POVERTY INDEX PAGE
<==== BACK TO THE "TIPS to SURVIVE THE FUTURE" INDEX PAGE
BACK TO THE "FIX YOUR FLAGGING AMBITION" SEMINAR
<== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED INDEX PAGE
<===BACK TO THE REALITY 101 SEMINAR FOR TEENS
<==== BACK TO THE SHOW BUSINESS ARCHIVE
<====HOW TO TINKER WITH OTHER PEOPLE's BRAINS
<====BACK TO THE NEW AGE EMPOWERING INDEX
<===BACK TO "HOW TO MERCHANDISE YOURSELF" INDEX
<===BACK TO THE ALL ABOUT TAXES INDEX PAGE
<==== HOW TO USE FOOD STAMPS FOR CHEAP BUT HEALTHY FOOD
<=== MEET ANITA SANDS HERNANDEZ WHO CULLS or WRITES ALL THESE ARTICLES
<=== TAKE ME TO THE HOLISTIC PET, HOW NEVER TO NEED a VET
<=== BACK TO THE TRUTHS ABOUT DENTISTRY THAT WILL SAVE YOU 100 THOUSAND!
<=== BACK TO THE SNOOKERED WEBPAGE, HOAXES WE HAVE ALL KNOWN
<===BACK TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WEB STUFF SO YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN WEBSITEBACK TO VULTURE SANDWICH ORG.
<==== GO TO "HOW I CAN START" A MICROLOAN BANK WORKING WITH a HUGE BANK and get a very decent salary for my charitable work.
<=== How a BEAUTIFUL GIRL can CREATE 1,000 MICROLOAN BANKS
<====BACK TO THE SCREENWRITER/ FILM MAKER'S INDEX PAGE
<===I WANNA BE MICHAEL MOORE! TAKE ME TO THE VIDEO MAKING FOR BIG MONEY GAMEPLAN
* * * * * * * * * * * *